Her Parents Wonder Why She Suddenly Got Paralyzed, Doctor Says It Is Caused By The Tick On Her Head

Image result for tick

Ticks are ectoparasites (external parasites) living out of the blood of mammals, birds, and sometimes reptiles and amphibians.

They are commonly seen on the skin of unhygienic animals. They suck the blood out of the bodies of these pitiful creatures.

These parasites can cause paralysis even to human beings.

The Facebook page “ATTN: Video” posted a video to warn everyone about this disturbing illness.

In the video, it was narrated that parents Lantz and Amanda Lewis became concerned when their daughter couldn’t stand up. She is having difficulty in even just trying to walk a few steps.

They were very worried that it might get so bad that they had to rush her to the Emergency Room to seek medical attention.

The Doctor in charge diagnosed their daughter’s condition as “Tick Paralysis.”

Tick Paralysis is the illness caused by a neurotoxin produced in the tick’s salivary gland. After prolonged attachment, the engorged tick transmits the toxin to its host.

This means that the condition can be fatal if the tick is not removed quickly in the body of its victim. The Paralysis may spread all throughout the body of the victim.

This terrifying illness could become a lot more common nowadays because rising temperatures are causing tick populations to move into new areas, causing an increase in tick-borne diseases.

Luckily, the little girl’s tick was removed quickly with the help of the doctors and she’s made a full recovery.

The video was uploaded to raise awareness of the increasing cases of tick-borne diseases.

Watch the video below:

A tick hiding in this little girl's hair paralyzed her arms and legs.

Posted by ATTN: Video on Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Loading...